What are Thermal Theory clothes made from?
Our Premium Sherpa Collection is made from a dual-layer thermal tech fleece.
The outer layer consists of :
- 70% Cotton, 25% Polyester, 5% Spandex
- Cotton provides breathability and softness, the polyester aids against pilling and colour fading, and the Spandex gives the material some elasticity which keeps its shape.
The inner layer/lining consists of :
- Premium brushed sherpa fleece (Polyester)
- This product will not pill or clump together like cheaper brands and will retain it's soft fluffy texture, even after multiple washes.
- 550gsm fabric. This is premium heavyweight!! GSM stands for grams per square metre, which refers to the weight of a fabric. In general, the higher a fabric's GSM, the thicker and more hard-wearing it's likely to be. eg. a T-shirt is usually less than 150gsm.
- Windproof weave. Due to the density of the fabric it provides a unique windproof layer which adds to the thermal properties and keeps you warm.
- 12+ TOG rating . This is made for low temperatures. TOG stands for 'Thermal Overall Grade". This is the measurement of the fabrics ability to retain and trap heat. The higher the TOG value the warmer your clothing will be.
How do I care for my purchase(s) when it needs to be washed?
Please follow our care instructions to ensure your clothing stays in it's best possible condition. Failure to do so may cause damage to the material.
- Program washing machine to a cold water wash.
- Use a sensitive/gentle wash cycle.
- Use a gentle laundry detergent. Do not bleach.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Dry on a flat surface and turn inside out to check inner layer has dried too.
- Can be finished in the dryer on low temp.
*If desired the material can also easily be washed by hand. Follow the same instructions #3 to #6.